To train world-class health and wellness coaches to do the following:
- To apply health and wellness coaching skills in a variety of practice settings including hospitals, clinics, health educational facilities, private practice, corporations and schools.
- To understand the power of the mind/body connection and the innate wisdom of the body.
- To be able to build and sustain positive and trusting coaching relationships with clients.
- To develop keen sensory skills so that coaches can observe symptoms as they may arise in their own bodies and to teach clients to do the same.
- To learn to reconnect with the cycles of nature and understand the role that these cycles play in healing and health.
- To develop a comprehensive set of health generating practices based in both ancient wisdom traditions and commonsense contemporary wellness education.
- To demonstrate a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities and an adherence to the core competencies and ethical principles of the profession.
- To develop a set of competencies in a concentration in an applied area of wellness: Herbal Studies, Medical Herbalism, and Integrative Nutrition.
The graduates of Tai Sophia Institute's Master of Arts in Health and Wellness Coaching will achieve the following outcomes:
- To become skilled in the use of language, listening, and composure as a means to inspire and motivate clients to make health generating changes.
- To demonstrate proficiency in designing and implementing personalized health and wellness plans with clients.
- To demonstrate the skills necessary to inspire accountability in their clients to adhere to goals.
- To demonstrate proficiency in the art of evocative and powerful questioning as a means to develop client self-awareness and effective action.
- To demonstrate proficiency in active, reflective and empathetic listening skills.
- To demonstrate the ability to develop a comprehensive set of health generating practices based on the rhythms of nature, life skills, and language.
- To understand the science of behavior change and be able to demonstrate application to motivating others toward health generating behaviors.
- To demonstrate a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities and an adherence to ethical principles of the profession.
- To apply the philosophy, skills, and competencies within a selected area of concentration in wellness studies