Academics with Meaning for Careers with Purpose
Accepting Applications for January 2013
Obesity, diabetes, and heart disease—these health challenges have reached epidemic proportions in our country. Add cancer, stroke, lung disease, addictions, and arthritis, and we’ve accounted for half of the U.S. population suffering from largely preventable diseases. The nation’s current disease-focused approach to medical care is just not enough to address these issues. Tai Sophia Institute, a leader in wellness-based and relationship-centered healing for more than 35 years, offers academic programs that prepare you to build a meaningful career that will improve the health and vitality of communities and individuals.
Health Education and Integrative Health
Communities and organizations are counting on your expertise
It is clear from labor statistics and healthcare trends that health education will increasingly play a critical role in healing our nation. As a health educator, your approach will be holistic and prevention-oriented. Your job will be to immerse yourself in communities, research and evaluate their specific needs, and then create meaningful interventions to move the needle on improving their well-being. You could work with groups of all ages, ethnicities, and socioeconomic backgrounds. Because our program prepares you to understand integrative health, you’ll have a comprehensive toolkit of possible approaches and interventions that will make your work increasingly successful and highly fulfilling. Our program includes an internship and the creation of a professional portfolio to allow you to enter the field fully prepared. Learn more.
Health and Wellness Coaching
Working intimately one-on-one to overcome obstacles to wellness
Health and wellness coaching is recognized as an integral component to creating and sustaining health for individuals and is another career on the rise. Many people have the information needed to be healthier, but something is blocking their progress. As a health coach, you will help clients clarify their goals and understand their resistance to change. You’ll inspire positive changes and manage progress and accountability. You’ll know how to empower clients to tap into their inner source of motivation to restore and preserve health. In our program, you’ll understand more about the interconnection of body, mind, and spirit in wellness and learn about recent advances in brain science and mindfulness. Our master’s degree allows you to combine coaching with a concentration in either herbal medicine or nutrition. The programs include a practicum where you will coach clients under faculty supervision and begin to build your practice. Learn more.
More About Tai Sophia Institute
- Our academic programs are highly innovative, our faculty are leaders in their fields, and our students are tremendously creative and diverse.
- The Institute is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and all academic programs are endorsed by the Maryland Higher Education Commission.
- Because we believe that people perform and achieve in many different ways, we don’t require GREs or any standardized test scores for admission.
- The prerequisites for our programs are included within the curriculum so there’s no holdup once you’re ready to start school.
- We offer rolling admissions, so you can apply whenever you’re ready and your application will receive immediate attention.
- Many programs are offered in a weekend and evening format to accommodate a variety of schedules and flexibility is available within programs.
- We specialize in “teaching science to non-science folks” and make every course pertinent and meaningful to your area of specialization.
- While we have standards and processes to insure fairness, our admissions team doesn’t follow a cookie-cutter approach. We help you to overcome barriers and navigate this journey in your way, at your pace.
- No matter which program you choose, you’ll join a vibrant community of lifelong learners who share a common goal of showing up as a healing presence for others.
Contact the Office of Admissions to arrange a visit or get more information at or 410-888-9048 ext. 6647. Apply here.
Other programs offered at Tai Sophia Institute include:
Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
Nutrition and Integrative Health